Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Self Portrait - 19/365

Now my belly will never be flat.  No, it more closely resembles bread dough, and Thomas loves to poke at it.  Carrying two babies totaling 14lbs 14oz will do that to a person.  But still, I am happy.  The boys are more than worth my "fluffy belly".  But today, something amazing happened.

I suddenly looked down and realized that I could tuck in my shirt and actually look pretty good!  For the first time since before I got pregnant, over two years ago.  Not only that, but I actually NEEDED to tuck it in because my jeans are too big. 



































To understand the enormity of this change, a "before" picture.  This was taken the day before I gave birth to my boys, at 38wks.  I was measuring 52wks at that point.  Sam was on the near side, weighing 6lbs 14oz and Thomas was on the far side, weighing an even 8lbs.

4 comments:

  1. WOW you did well to carry those big babies!! You look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even imagine carrying that much weight or having twins! You look fantastic for twins then AND now! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - you did an amazing job Andrea. Congratulations. My babies were only 4lb each and I thought I felt like I couldn't get any bigger lol - nothing on you. Well done :-) And such precious bundles as well.

    ReplyDelete